14 Point Dental Health Check
The days of a 5 minute check up with the dentist are long gone. Here at Dentist Direct Dubai we pride ourselves on the comprehensive, holistic care we provide. At each appointment with the dentist and hygienist we will carry out the following checks to assess the health
of your mouth.
1. We ask if you have any troubles with your mouth.
2. We discuss any concerns you may have about the appearance of your smile.
3. We check general health and medication details with you which may affect the health of your mouth.
4. We identify any risk factors such as smoking or chewing betel nut/tobacco, alcohol consumption and diet.
5. We examine your general dental health, including screening for signs of oral cancer.
6. We check your teeth to see that they are healthy and strong, and look for signs of decay.
7. We check that any fillings or other restorations are still strong and healthy, looking for signs of leakage, cracks or tooth decay.
8. We examine the position and bite of your teeth to check for any irregularities.
9. We check the health of your gums and look for any signs of periodontal disease.
10. We check for the presence of plaque, which does all the damage to teeth and gums that you can control to preserve your oral health.
11. We check to see if the inside of your mouth - cheeks, lips, tongue, roof and floor of mouth are healthy.
12. We also check the outside of your mouth.
13. We use x-rays to check inside, under and between the teeth for health.
14. We use x-rays to check the bone which supports your teeth.